We want you to succeed at gardening in North Texas.
Growing plants in North Texas can be a challenge not to mention selecting the right plants for your garden. Our summers are HOT, our spring and fall sometimes short (or nonexistent), and our winters totally unpredictable. Factor in our alkaline clay soil and you face challenges that would stop plant lovers in other parts of the country in their tracks. But Texans are a hearty bunch and our staff is ready to help with professional advice, free clinics, classes, and all the information we can provide here on our website. This will make sure you pick the appropriate plants for your garden.
- Our Timely Tips page will provides a month-by-month of what-to-dos.
- Our Garden Guides off a host of “best plants” and “how to” information.
- Our blog is updated frequently with great gardening and landscaping articles.
- Our free monthly newsletter is full of tips, tricks, and announcements of upcoming events.
- Our Resources page has tons of links to great information for North Texas gardeners.
- Or… click the links below to go to our various plant pages.