A little work now means fewer weeds later
It’s time to treat your lawn. Again. Yes, I know it feels like you just did that back in the spring, maybe even gave it a bit of fertilizer in mid-summer, but now fall is approaching, so prep your spreader and go forth!
Why? Because a little work now means fewer weeds later. Come winter, bright green, cool-season weeds stick out like a sore thumb on a lawn of dormant turf grass, as do those warmer season weeds that begin sprouting a month or more before your lawn wakes up next spring.
What to do? We recommend an application of any of the following 4 products according to label directions. They’ll prevent weeds from popping up, and/or help your lawn recover from the heat and stress of summer.
Lawn Pre-emergent with Dimension®
- Provides pre-emergent control of grassy and broadleaf weeds including; chickweed, crabgrass, dallisgrass, foxtall, henbit, purslane, speedwell, spurge, and others.
- Safe for use on Bremmuda and Saint Augustine lawns.
- Pre-emergents work by inhibiting the germination of weed seeds already in your lawn.
- Apply in March to prevent weeds in spring and summer. Apply again in September.
Broadleaf Weed Control with Gallery®
- Use on lawns to stop broadleaf weeds before they start.
- A pre-emergence herbicide for control of certain broadleaf weeds such as: Chickweed, Clover, Dandelion, Henbit, Spurge, Yellow Woodsorrel (Oxalis). Suppression of annual grasses such as: Annual Bluegrass (Poa Annua) and Crabgrass established in warm season turfgrass.
- Covers Over 2,000 sq. ft.
- Water in to Activate.
6-2-4 Lawn/Turf & Plant Fertilizer
- A “blended turf” fertilizer with an N-P-K of 6-2-4, it is one of the most nutrient rich organic plant foods on the market.
- Made with feather meal, alfalfa meal, organic composted chicken litter, molasses, humates, and potash, Texas Tee will help achieve a healthy, safe, and highly disease resistant turf.
- Also works great for container plants, trees, bushes, shrubs, and gardens.
- Coverage is up to 4,000 square feet for 40 lbs.
Nature’s Creation® PREVENT Corn Gluten 9-0-0
- A natural pre-emergent that prevents germination of broadleaf weeds, annual and perennial grasses by inhibiting the feeder root development of germinating seeds.
- Will not kill existing plants which have already germinated. May be safely used around transplants and plants with established root systems.
- The nitrogen in this fertilizer will release slowly and feed your plants over a three to four month period without burning.
- Does not contain any synthetic chemicals.