Saturday, November 21 @ 10am
Did you know that fall and winter are great times to plant fruit in North Texas? Do you know what fruit trees & shrubs grow best in Collin County, or how to care for them? Do you know what pests are problems for the different types of fruit? Have you dreamed of growing apples, pears, peaches, or figs in your own backyard but haven’t because you don’t know the answers to these questions?
If so, join Shades of Green for this FREE gardening clinic. Our professional staff will teach you how to succeed at growing fruit in your own yard.
What We’ll Cover:
- What are the best fruits for North Texas
- When to plant fruit
- How to plant fruit
- How to prune fruit
- How to control disease and pests
The clinic – held rain or shine – is free and begins at 10 am. You’ll receive 30-45 minutes of quality instruction from our professional staff followed by an opportunity to ask questions.
NOTE: In compliance with state guidelines, we will be social distancing and ask that those attending please wear a mask.
If you can’t attend, read our blog Tips for a Fruitful Harvest Under Collin County Conditions.
Shades of Green just received a HUGE selection of fruit trees!
Just in time for this clinic, we’ve received a large shipment of fruit trees & shrubs.
- Apple (Anna, Ein Shemer, Granny Smith, Yellow Delicious)
- Blackberry (Arapaho, Brazo, Natchez)
- Blueberry (Brightwell, Climax, Premier)
- Fig (Brown Turkey)
- Nectarine (Sunlite)
- Olive (Arbequina)
- Pear (Kieffer, Orient, Pineapple)
- Peach (Flordaking, La Festival, La Feliciana, Sam Houston, Autumn Rose)
- Plum (Bruce, Methley, Morris, Ozark Premier, Santa Rosa)
- Pecan (Choctaw, Desirable)
Prices start at $29.99.