Saturday, February 29 @ 10am
Gardening in the heavy clay soil of North Texas is hard work, so why do it? It’s much easier to grow flowers and vegetables above our soil than in it. All you need is the right container. Flower pots will work, but if you want lots of plants you’ll need more space. One of the more popular solutions and trends in recent years is a wooden raised bed. They look good, work great, and last for years if they’re built properly. At this FREE hands-on clinic we will build a rectangular raised bed garden on-site, demonstrating what to do and how to do it.
What We’ll Cover
- Site preparation & why it matters (Hint, you’ve got to get rid of the grass.)
- What size should a raised bed be (Too big is too much.)
- Lumber – pressure treated or not
- Tools & Technique – what to use and how to use it
- Filling & Planting – what and how much
The clinic – held rain or shine – is free and begins at 10 am. (We will move indoors during poor weather.) You’ll receive 30-45 minutes of quality instruction from our professional staff followed by an opportunity to ask questions.