Landscape Design and Installation by Shades of Green
When it comes to landscaping service, you have two options: do it yourself, or hire a professional. If it’s a small project or you’re the DIY type, consider our Landscape Consultation Service. If you have a large project and lack the time, energy, or expertise to tackle it alone, it’s usually best to hire landscaping professionals like Shades of Green.
Creating and installing the landscaping for an entire yard is no small task. The key to success is having a clear vision and well-defined plan. Doing so saves time, effort, and money – all of which are valuable commodities. We understand that you want your finished yard to look great, but don’t want the process to take forever or cost a fortune. Shades of Green has the knowledge and experience necessary to complete any size project on-time and on-budget.
Jeff McCauley, our principal designer, has been designing North Texas landscapes for over 35 years. His focus is on native, drought tolerant plants that thrive in our extreme weather. His sustainable designs require less water and far less maintenance than traditional landscapes. (Please note that if you’re looking for a formal “trimmed hedges” garden, Jeff isn’t your man.)
Landscaping Service Options with Shades of Green
- Do the project yourself after a Landscape Consultation with one of our qualified staff. Click here to learn more.
- Hire the professionals at Shades of Green to design your landscape. Read the section below about the landscape design process at Shades of Green.
Shades of Green’s Landscape Design Process
- The design fee is $700. Design fee is rebated upon acceptance of installation contract where design fee is 10% or less of the contract. (Example: the $700 design fee is rebated on a landscape installation of $7,000 or more.)
- The design fee is due at the time of the first on-site appointment. Our designer will walk your property and discuss your goals and desires for the space.
- A survey plat for your residence is required to appropriately create a scale design.
- Turnaround is 10-14 days during the off-season (July, August, December, and January), 4-5 weeks during peak times.
- Once the design is complete you have three options. 1) You can choose to have Shades of Green install the landscape. 2) You can take the plans and do the entire project yourself. 3) You can opt to break up the project into parts and tackle it in phases – either doing it yourself or through us. This is a good option when dealing with budget constraints.
Shades of Green designs and installs beautiful landscapes throughout Frisco, Allen, Plano, Dallas, McKinney, Prosper, The Colony, and all of North Texas. If you’re interested in becoming one of our many satisfied customers, please complete the form below to schedule an appointment.